Hospital Administration: What is it about?
The program has been created to offer:
1. It offers the students a solid background in business management and
2. It also provides the knowledge of healthcare administration to the students
3. The students are prepared to deal with social, ethical, political, economic, and legal challenges that form a part of the hospital administration.
4. The program provides the students with training in planning, project and operational management, financial, material, and human resource management to help them grow astute leadership and management skills.
On successful completion of the course candidates who are interested in pursuing further education in this field may opt for doctoral programs.
The program aims to develop in students the ability to take on the challenges of business and management in today’s ever-evolving and challenging economy. The program prepares them to deal with the finance, marketing, and operations that are important in the hospital industry. The program focuses on developing knowledge, skill, and attitude that are required in Hospital Managers. It also helps in the development of expertise in the student pertaining to planning and management when it comes to various types of hospitals by providing the student with problem-solving devices.
The curriculum is curated to include conceptual and quantitative skills which are essential to future managers in contemporary hospitals and/or healthcare units.
Hospital Administration: Who Should Opt?
As hospital administrators, successful postgraduates of the course study business management in healthcare administration and get quantitative and conceptual skills that are required in high-performing contemporary healthcare units and hospitals.
They may work as employees in both corporate and government sectors in the areas of:
- Health Insurance Companies,
- Public Health Departments,
- Hospital Consulting Firms,
- Laboratories and Clinics,
- Health Agencies,
- Mental Health Organisations,
- Nursing Homes.
As a Hospital Administration, the candidate will learn the principles of management, efficient business handling as well as the details of inputs in the administration of healthcare units and facilities all around the world and hence, become a management professional and manage the timely and adequate access of treatment to patients.
These postgraduates may later pursue doctoral programs in hospital administration or seek specialized certification.
Hospital Administration: Salary Scope
On average, a fresher graduate in healthcare management gets a joining salary of around 20,000 to 30,000 INR per month. Students with the Certificate, healthcare management degrees, directly join in the senior levels and can earn between INR 4.5 lakh to 12 lakh per annum. A Hospital Administrator earns an average salary of Rs 414,536 per year. People in this job generally don’t have more than 20 years experience. A skill in Operations Management is associated with high pay for this job.
Hospital Administration: Top Recruiting Areas & Top Job Profiles
The following are the job post for Hospital Administration:
- Head of the hospital
- Consultant general medicine
- Hospital administration
- Deputy medical superintendent
- Business transformation Management
- Healthcare manager
- Senior finance accounts manager
- Doctors assistance
- Assistant medical superintendent
- Public health manager
- floor executive
- Biotechnical research manager
- Housekeeping supervisor