Pediatric Dermatologist is a doctor who treats a variety of pediatric skin conditions in children from birth through adolescence, but certain conditions are more common in younger ones. Such doctors can treat your child’s skin conditions such as a birthmark, eczema, warts, or psoriasis.
A Pediatric dermatologist renders medical care for a broad class of skin ailments. They generally provide the following services:
- Examination of various skin conditions in kids, including vascular birthmarks, pigmented birthmarks, and congenital skin disorders, eczema or atopic dermatitis. Other skin issues such as psoriasis, contact dermatitis, vitiligo, hives, and warts.
- Medical treatment for a wide variety of conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails.
- Minor surgical procedures, consisting of skin biopsies, surgical removal of skin lesions (e.g., cysts, warts), and even laser treatment of vascular birthmarks.
Topmost Pediatric Dermatologist from India List
1. Dr. Sirisha Varala
Dr. Sirisha Varala, Pediatric dermatologist from Hyderabad has qualifications like MBBS, MD (DVL) and has a fellowship in PAEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGY. She is an active member of IADVL & ISD.
- With Work Experience of 3 years, she has been awarded outstanding performance award & Gold medal in Dermatology by Gandhi Medical College, Alumni Association. Also, awards like Best Paper Award in 5th National conference on Pulse Therapy and got First prize in a quiz. This quiz was on Leprosy managed by Ial midterm conference of Leprosy 2015. She even has Research and Publications on:
1)The result of pulse therapy in pemphigus – A 10 year.
2)Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia – A rare case report.
3) Cirsoid aneurysm for scalp
2. Dr. Ruben Bhasin Passi
- Dr. Ruben Bhasin Passi is a certified dermatologist, cosmetologist and laser surgeon with a wide experience in clinical as well as aesthetic dermatology. She completed her MBBS followed by her MD in dermatology, Venereology, and leprology from Pune.
- She has worked with some of the best running and extremely advanced cosmetic and dermatology centers of Chandigarh and Delhi. Also, She treats skin conditions like acne, melasma, hair fall, pigmentation, fungal infections, nail disorders, vitiligo( white patch disease), psoriasis and skin eczemas, etc.
3. Dr. Nidhi Singh
- Dr. Nidhi Singh is a consultant Dermatologist associated with Global Health City, Chennai has 11 years of experience. Additionally, she has done her MBBS & MD from JIPMER, CHENNAI. Her specializations are Dermatology (Skin), Pediatric Dermatology, Psoriasis, Trichology, and Vulvology.
4. Dr. Atul Taneja
- Dr. Atul Taneja has practiced on Medical Cosmetologist, LaserSpecialist, Chemical Peel, Botox, Cosmetologist, Pediatric Dermatologist, and Laser Therapy. He had his MD from AIIMS, NEW DELHI.
- His Past Experience involves Clinical Fellow (Laser Surgery) at the Massachusetts General Hospital from Harvard, Clinical Fellow (Skin Oncology) at Boston Medical Center and Clinical Fellow (Photomedicine) at Harvard Medical School.
- He has been awarded for many of his contribution, including First Project In The World To Treat Scalp Psoriasis with a Fiber-optic Device. Further, he is even a professional member of AD and IADVL.
Ultimately, with their specialized training and experience, a pediatric dermatologist knows what’s normal growth and development in a child, and when to worry. A Pediatric dermatologist knows how to examine and treat children in a way that puts them at ease, in kid-friendly offices using medical equipment designed for children.