GEM HOSPITAL, CHENNAI
Gastroenterology Medical Centre and Hospital or GEM Hospital, to begin with, was started as Coimbatore Institute of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgery (CIGES) in the year 1991 having Dr. C Palanivelu as its founder. With time over 10 the next ten years, the hospital grew in status after being the ultimate destination for laparoscopic surgery and gastroenterology. GEM Hospital is one of the prime healthcare institutions for all sorts of Gastro-intestine related pathologies and complicated laparoscopic surgeries.
In 2001 Dr. C. Palanivelu established gastroenterology and advanced laparoscopic surgery center (GEM Hospital) acknowledging the importance of complete gastro care. Gem aims to provide world-class all-inclusive gastro care under one roof. The hospital comprises a team of efficient doctors, nurses, and medical staff who are dedicated to their duties and strive to offer the utmost care for the patients and a healthy environment for the betterment and early recovery of the patients.
Further, the hospital is the emerging medical capital of South India and also Asia’s first and most advanced tertiary healthcare facility in the field of Gastroenterology and Laparoscopic surgery. Gem Hospital with its pioneering work has evolved to be the first and the only center in India with subspecialties in Bariatric, Hepatobiliary, Colorectal, Upper GI, Gastrointestinal cancer surgery, Endogynaecology, Scarless Surgery, Liver Transplantation, etc. Besides it is the first center in India to get an ISO 9001:2008 certification in the field of gastroenterology and laparoscopic surgery in addition to the hospital has also got NABH certification for its excellent medical services.
Gem Hospital has further widened its branches to Coimbatore, Chennai, Erode, Tirupur, Thrissur.
Places to visit
Places to visit near the Gem Hospital, Chennai:-
- Semmozhi Poonga
- Guindy National Park
- Rajaji Memorial
- Government Museum
- Chennai Snake Park Trust
- Kasimedu Beach
- M. Birla Planetarium
- Santhome Cathedral Basilica
- Thomas Mount National Shrine
- VGP Universal Kingdom.
Frequent Ask Question (FAQs)
- Q: What are the Gem Hospital visiting hours for Patients?
- A: You can visit Gem Hospital, Kolkata for your complete treatment from 11 am to 4 pm.
- Q: What is the Gem visiting hours of OPD Patients?
- A: Usually Gem Hospital is open 24*7 but there is a fixed time for OPD patient’s visits and that is 4 pm to 7 pm. For that time the non-admitted patients are visited for OPD, maybe the time will vary for a particular department.
- Q: How can I book an Appointment at Gem Hospital?
- A: For a complete care treatment you can book your appointment in Gem Hospital, Kolkata and you can contact our expert to discuss the cost of the particulars treatment. For booking your appointment in Gem Hospital you can Call or WhatsApp or IMO on +91 94333-65039 / 98303- 63622 and fill-up the form on your right hand with your details. You can consult with our expert doctor by online consultancy with +91 94333-65039 / 98303- 63622.
- Q: What is the Gem Hospital Admission Process?
- A: If the Doctor advises any patient for admission and the date is decided, the attendant of the patient needs to fulfill the TPA process before admission. For any emergency admission, you have to show the doctor’s advice.
- Q: What is the Gem Hospital Discharge Process?
- A: At the time of discharge, a patient discharge summary will be handed over to the patients or the relatives of the patients and necessary details will be provided followed by the next appointment.
- Q: What are the Gem Hospital Modes of Payment available?
- A: Patients can make payments through Cash, Debit cards, Cheques, Credit cards, and net banking.
- Q: Why should I choose Gem Hospital when it comes to medical treatment?
- A: Gem is focused to establish a network of facilities committed to providing comprehensive care intending to focus on a few categorized medical procedures. Over years, Gem has become an institution of trust, and a hope of many searching for a cure with care. Internationally acclaimed, FDA-approved types of equipment, all possible modalities of technologies and a commitment to manage the disease without resorting to surgery is what gives the patient the security to get nothing but the best available treatment. In the second Gem Hospital also provides insurance facilities to its patients offering complete guidance and support. Our executive, doctors, nurses, and other staff always give their best care for the patients. For more details, you can contact on-call or WhatsApp +91. 98303-63622 / 94333-65039.
- Q: What are the visiting hours for members of the people admitted to Gem Hospital?
- A: Gem Hospital has flexible hours for all patient visitors from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm every day. The visitor has to carry valid visitor passes except for ICU floors. Children are not allowed as visitors in the hospital.
- Q: What are the Gem hospital visiting hours of OPD Patients?
- A: Gem Hospital ensures easy availability of specialists around the clock thereby offering emergency services 24*7.
Still Have Questions ? Call us at +91 9433365039
Just let us know. We will be happy to assist you
To overcome restrictions due to Corona Virus, we are offering Paid Tele/Video Consultation from top doctors. Let us know if you are interested & we will contact you.