Arthritis is an autoimmune condition that provokes chronic inflammation of the bones. It can also induce swelling of the tissue around the joints, as well as in other organs in the body. Autoimmune diseases are sicknesses that happen when the body’s tissues are wrongly struck by their own immune system. Hence, patients with autoimmune diseases have antibodies in their blood that target their own body tissues, where they can be associated with inflammation. Since it can affect multiple other organs of the body, Arthritis has however found its savior in ayurvedic medicine for arthritis too. It has shown positive results worldwide.
Causes of arthritis in a normal person
- Increased intake of indigestible,
- Heavy and incompatible foods;
- Having food at improper times;
- Intake of milk and milk products,
- Especially yogurt;
- Intake of meat of aquatic animals;
- Lack of physical activity or
- Doing exercise after having a heavy fatty meal.
Symptoms In arthritis that indicate immediate ayurvedic treatment:-
- Soreness and stiffness in the body
- Heaviness in the body
- Sometimes lack of appetite
- Soreness and stiffness in the bones of the hands
Purpose of Ayurvedic medicine for Arthritis
Irregular food habits and an idle lifestyle can head towards impairment of digestive fire, the production of ama (toxins) and vitiation of Vata (air). When a person entertains in Vata-aggravating nutrition and lifestyle, then this aggravated Vata diffuses ama in the channels of the body and sediments it in the joints, inducing Amavata.
Ayurvedic treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis starts with the settlement of Vata and elimination of toxins from the body. So, Herbal medicines are administered to improve the digestive fire and prevent further formation of ama. Panchakarma massage therapies are quite useful in subsiding pain in arthritic patients.
Ayurveda suggested lifestyle modifications
Increase intake of
- Barley flour
- Horse gram
- Split green gram
- Celery seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Dried ginger root powder
- Bitter gourd
- Castor oil
What you should not do while receiving ayurvedic treatment for arthritis?
- Evade consuming fish and milk together. Also, milk and jaggery together.
- Further, Avoid incompatible, heavy, and oily foods.
- Avoid an improper diet and lifestyle. Such as waking up late in the night, stifling innate urges of the body, and getting straight exposure to cold winds.
What can you do at home?
- Relying on a liquid or semi-solid diet for an entire day.
- Fomentation (application of moist heat).
- Steam bath or taking a shower with warm water.
One can use a few ayurvedic herbs at home in order to get some relief from arthritis-related pain. HOW?
Ajwain behaves as a natural relief to arthritis pain due to the behavior of anti-inflammatory components. It also includes anesthetic properties that additionally help in reducing excessive pain.
Dashmool or Dashmula is useful in inflammatory ailments in the body. Its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic and sedative traits help cure joint pain.
Nirgundi is one of the most basic herbs used to bring rest in joints. The plant is readily available and is known to lessen swelling as well as extreme pain.
The fragrance of eucalyptus oil is said to have calm results on the brain, while the oil frees you from the pain and inflammation in the joints.
It not only reduces the pain but also helps in diminishing the swelling and further increases mobility.
Ginger is known for its rare antiseptic properties that help subdue joint pain and swelling.