Thyroid is a house hold name. Every family has a thyroid patient in his or her home. From old persons to young person all have thyroid. Thyroid is a quite famous physical condition. In the age of internet and stress it is one of the most common and famous diseases.
Although it has cured but thyroid never cured totally, once you have thyroid you will always have thyroid no matter what you done to your body. If you have thyroid you have to take medicine for whole life which is somewhere pathetic. But I must say in India majority of the population have thyroid. And you can’t deny it.
So, for those who do not know what thyroid is.
Let’s try to find out what thyroid is.
- Thyroid: Thyroid is a basically a little gland. The thyroid gland is a small organ that’s located in the front of the neck, wrapped around the windpipe (trachea). It’s shaped like a butterfly, smaller in the middle with two wide wings that extend around the side of your throat. The thyroid is a gland. You have glands throughout your body, where they create and release substances that help your body do a specific thing. Your thyroid makes hormones that help control many vital functions of your body.
When your thyroid doesn’t work properly, it can impact your entire body.
Thyroid basically divided in two types.
i. Hypo Throidism: Hypo thyroidism is a physical condition where you body makes little thyroid hormone. In this state you will be thin.
ii. Hyper Throidism: Hyper throidism is a physical condition where your body makes excessive thyroid hormone. In this state you will be fat.
There are many reasons of thyroid let’s find out them.
- Reasons of Thyroid
There are some reasons, which are directly and indirectly causes for thyroid,
- Excessive stress.
- Bad eating habits.
- No set schedule for sleep.
- No time for productivity.
- Less water intake.
- Always eat frozen, fried and processed food.
- No time for rest.
- No exercising.
- Other physical conditions.
- Having diabetes.
- After pregnancy (many women experiencing postpartum pregnancy)
- Excessive iodine.
These are some reasons why you have thyroid. But there are more complex reasons which will be very difficult to express here.
So, without further ado let’s dive in to another step.
Let’s talk about the symptoms of thyroidism.
Although there are many ways to confirm, but still let’s take a look on the symptoms.
Symptoms of Thyroidism:
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Excessive anxiety and nervousness.
- Losing weight.
- Gaining weight.
- Change in thyroid gland.
- Having goiter.
- Having muscle weakness.
- There will be some problem in menstruation cycle.
- Menstruation cycle can stop.
- Feeling sensitive to heat.
- Having vision problem.
- Feeling tired.
- Experiencing forgetfulness.
- Having frequent and heavy menstruation cycle.
- Dry hair.
- Bad voice.
- Sensitive to cold weather.
So, these are some symptoms of thyroidism. I think it will be helpful to you.
As I have told you before that thyroid can happen to anyone. It does not look at age. But it is pathetic to see youngsters affected by thyroid.
Soha, a fifteen year old girl from Kashi, is experiencing thyroid in her little age. She was thirteen year old when one day she experienced that she did not have periods for past two months and she also lose some weight in the time course.
Though her mother was not that much anxious about that but her sister Sabina is a doctor and to her the condition is not normal. She gets more and more anxious about her weight lose.
At first she thought that it will be cyst. But when she went to nearest laboratory for checkup, she found the USG report of Soha surprising. Soha was very much afraid about the report. Sabina thought that Soha could have PCOS or PCOS, but no, the report said other thing.
According the report:
Soha has Hypo thyroidism. Due to this problem her periods were stopped. She was cried a lot. After the report a famous doctor of that place checked Soha. He gave some medications to her.
She accepted that. After some time her thyroidism was in limit. Thought it not cured properly, thyroids never cured properly but still her thyroidism is in limit now. She can enjoy everything and anything now.
So, this is a real life inspired story of how a girl conquers her thyroid.
Men and women both can be the victim of throidism and in any age they can be attacked. Thyroid is a silent killer. It can happen anytime, anywhere. A small girl to a old man can be the victims of it, so be careful my future little generation. Try to avoid bad food habits and eat fresh food.
Best Thyroid Supplements For Men And Women
So, now let’s talk about the supplements of thyroid dieases.
here are many ways to treat your throidism.
1. Vitamin D: It is very essential supplement to treat thyroidism. India is the most populated country of the whole world and you can deny the fact that the huge population is deficit of Vitamin D which is not ok.
Deficiency of Vitamin D may lead you to underactive thyroid. So, try to increase your vitamin D Intake with supplements of Vitamin D.
2. Selenium: It is another supplement of throidism. Selenium is the most famous supplement for thyroid. It can help to cure hypothyroidism and Grave’s diseases, it also prevents postpartum thyroid.
3. Zinc: Zinc is a mineral. It increases the production of T3 T4 and TSH hormone which will help you to maintain your thyroid level. Try to eat zinc rich food or consume zinc supplements.