Do you like to do your nails? I mean, do you like to care about nails? Basically, women tend to be more careful and touchy about their nails. They really give ample care to nails. They are not like males who do not care about nails. Women are very careful about their nails.
They even try to make their nails look good with the help of nail extensions, nail art, and manicure and pedicure. They spend a lot of money on these things. On the other hand, men do not spend on this.
For a working woman who likes to do makeup and spending into manicures and pedicure like 1000 to 5,000 INR per month on nails. If you want to do nail extensions, then you can hardly spend 800 INR a month, but if you are a brand freak and go to a salon that is very famous then you have to pay a hefty amount for these things.
The makeup parlor owners say that manicures and pedicures are good for your nail. The nails look beautiful and attractive if you do that every month. They will convince you that it is the best way to keep your nails healthy and up to date.
But if you listen to my opinion, I can say that these treatments barely make the nails healthy. They are not interested in making your nail healthy and nourishing, but they just want more and more money. In my opinion, if you want to keep your nails beautiful then make it simple and beautiful.
Sometimes, these treatments can affect your nails. Always try to check the quality of products that they use on your nails. The product quality can make your nail a winner or a loser.
I remember I had a friend in college whose name was Sunayna. She did a lot of manicures and pedicures. She also had a lot of money by the way.
So, she was a daily customer of a local salon. Her nails were praised for their unique shape and unique nail polish. She also did nail extensions a lot.
We often warned her not to do those procedures frequently on her hands, but she did not listen to us. After two years when we met her at a college reunion ceremony, we noticed her nails. And they were not that much prettier as they used to look.
They discolored. They were not that much attractive anymore. We asked her about her nails and she told us that she had nail fungus on her nails. We were shocked. She gave all the details from start to finish about her nail fungus.
So, I am going to share this with you.
Let’s move on to the main point which is:
- What is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is a condition of nails where the fingernails or the toenails are affected by the fungus or bacteria. In nail fungus, the nails of the patient can be yellowish or brownish and they will be discolored and the nails become easily breakable.
It has other names like Onychomycosis.
Now I hope you have understood the definition of Onychomycosis or nail fungus.
Let’s move on to the different segment, which is:
- The Symptoms of the Nail Fungus:
- Your nails will have a bad smell.
- Your nails will be thickened and hard to trim.
- At first, you may notice a black spot under your nail, then the black spot will spread and can cover the whole nail.
- Discoloration of your nail will be a prominent signal of nail fungus.
- It can be loosened up from the nail bed.
- It can be curled up and down.
- Nail fungus can be painful, but in some cases (in the case of mild nail fungus) it also can be painless.
- Your nail becomes misshapen.
If you notice any of these symptoms in your nails, then go check it out with a doctor.
- Reason for the Nail Fungus:
- There can be many reasons, but the most common reason is the attack of fungus on your nail.
- If someone does a manicure frequently then she might have to be careful and make sure the salon where she goes should use clear clothes and products.
- If you use excessive water then also you can have a nail fungal infection.
Now, let’s move to the last segment of the article which is:
- The Treatment of Nail Fungus:
There are many treatments for nail fungus. But before opting for surgery you should take the advice of a prominent doctor. Only the doctors can lead you to the right path. The treatments are the following:
1. Surgery: Surgery might be the last option for nail fungus, but it may be the most effective way of treatment. If your nails are totally affected by fungus then the doctor has to remove your whole nail with the help of surgery. In the empty nail bed, a new healthy nail will grow. However, the newly grown nail can be affected by fungus.
2. Laser Therapy: Doctors are still researching nail fungus topics. They invented a process where they can kill the bacteria with the help of light.
3. Topical Treatment: In this process, you have to rub your nail or brush your nail with medicines or ointment. Remember this method effectively works on mild nail fungal infections.
4. Oral Treatment: Oral treatment is one of the most famous and most effective treatments. In this treatment, the doctor will prescribe you pills. With the help of pills, you will be cured sometime. For fingernail fungus, it takes 2 to 3 months to recover. And for toenail fungus, it takes 3 to 4 months recover.
These are the famous well-known treatments that one can go for if he or she has nail fungus. Through this article, I shared my opinion. I hope it will be helpful to you.