Sleep apnea is a renowned problem nowadays. Sleep apnea is a dangerous problem. It can harm the whole life system of a person. Many people are affected by this sleep apnea.
They are not that much harmful. It can be curable. Many people think that it is not curable but it is. An ENT specialist can do treatment of sleep apnea.
Snoring and sleep apnea are more or less similar. Infact the first stage of sleep apnea is snoring. Snoring is an embarrassing thing. During sleep, one cannot be aware of snoring but the person next to him or her is embarrassed. And feel disturbs also.
I saw sleep apnea. I saw the consequences and factors of sleep apnea. Let me tell you that it is a curable problem you can cure it from some ENT specialist.
My grandmother used to have sleep apnea. She was 60 years old when it was diagnosed. The doctors as well as us were upset and disturbed. We did not have any hope for her life. All of us thought that she will die from sleep apnea.
My mother cried a lot after creating fake scenarios in mind. The whole family was upset. But grandmother was chilled. She had immense believe in Shri Krishna.
After checking up her for one hour the doctor gave us the date of operation which is really close. She got the date of next month. Then we meet the doctor by whom grandmother will be operated.
His behavior and polite behavior gave us assurance that the grandmother will be OKAY after the procedure. We asked him if there was any other option. He said that he had some other options. But he will not going to apply that in the case of grandmother. She had diabetes and high pressure.
So, the doctor took no risk.
After some time my grandmother was cured.
Now many of you have a question about what is sleep apnea.
- What is Sleep Apnea?
When you sleep the muscles in your upper airway relax creating airflow turbulence causing you to snore. But if they relax too much you may even stop breathing. This is called sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very much known problem so the cure will be easy.
Sleep apnea is basically the halt of breath during sleep.
However if you don’t treat it with caution, it will make a big damage in your life.
Now let’s come to another segment. We already know what sleep apnea is and how it causes, now we will learn about the fact that how or which stimulates the sleep apnea. Although sleep apnea and snoring are very similar they are quite different.
- Reasons for Sleep Apnea?
There are many causes,
Let’s dig into it.
- Sedative Use: Like snoring sleep apnea is also affected by excessive sedative use.
- Excessive Alcohol Consumption: If you are a regular drinker you may have the problem of sleep apnea, later in life.
- Problem of Snoring: If you have the problem of snoring for long time you will definitely face the problem of sleep apnea. When you are snoring sometimes your breathing can be stop and you will suffer from sleep apnea then. It is basically followed by snoring.
- Sleeping Position: Sleeping positions affect your snoring and long-time snoring leads to sleep apnea which can be harmful if you don’t treat it properly.
- Excessive Weight: Excessive weight and obesity really lead you to the situation of sleep apnea. Due to excessive weight, you will feel the difficulty of breathing and then you will start to snore and the snoring will lead you to sleep apnea.
Basically if you don’t treat your snoring problem properly then this serious condition will lead you to obstructive sleep apnea which may pose risks of health.
Now come to our last point which is the remedy for sleep apnea.
- What is the Remedy of Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very dangerous disease to have. Who wants to die during sleep?
If you genuinely want to stop it , you have to follow these following tips.
- Consult an ENT Specialist: If you have severe sleep apnea I would recommend you to consult an ENT specialist who has more than 10+years of experience in consultancy as well as in surgery.
- Choosing a CPAP Mask: With your doctor’s permission use a CPAP mask which will give you relief in this situation. The mask and machine provide a flow of pressurized air to open your airway while you sleep. Keep your mask clean. It opens the airway oxygen level balance.
- Chinstrap: The purpose of using a chinstrap is to stop mouth breathing. They are used in isolation in mild cases. It is also used in combination with CPAP. This treatment is quite easy.
- Surgery: There is little other option that you choose if you don’t want to treat by CPAP. – Oral Appliants, Positional Therapy, Surgery. But remember the first and most comfortable option to treat sleep apnea is CPAP.
- Excessive Sleep in Day-time: If you experience excessive sleepiness during the day the doctor will treat you with “RITALIN”, “PROVIGIL”, or “NUVIGIL”.
- Choosing BIPAP: It is similar to above mentioned CPAP mask process. They both do the same thing. But there is a slight difference: (1) One type of air when you breathe in. (2) Other as you breathe out.
- Try to intake caffeine especially black coffee before you sleep.
- Take scheduled naps.
- Try to follow a healthy sleep routine.
Hope this will be helpful for you.