In vitro fertilization is used to treat infertility in adults. It is a process of combining the egg with sperm for fertilization outside the body, in an artificial environment. The process comprises of observing and inciting a woman’s ovulatory process, where ovum or ova are extracted from the woman’s ovaries. Also, allow the sperm to implant them in a liquid laboratory environment. Find out more about the In vitro fertilization in spite of its high cost.
SUCCESS RATES of IVF
Women have IVF success rates of 40 percent or more per cycle. According to RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association, the majority of women have per-cycle success rates of 20 to 35 percent. Generally, there is no guarantee that your first cycle will work as In vitro fertilization takes a bit longer time like 4-6 weeks for egg retrieval.
Later, the embryos are then transferred anywhere from 3-5 days. The vast majority of the babies born in this case is healthy. However, based on the currently accessible data, IVF babies may be at a somewhat increased danger for birth flaws.
Like most medical procedures, there are potential risks to this treatment too. It is advisable to contact the doctor if they show the following symptoms:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decreased urinary frequency
- Breathing problem
- Severe stomach pains and bloating
- Ten-pound weight gain within three to five days
In Vitro Fertilization Cost in Indian Cities
The average charge for 1 in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle is 12,000 dollars. Basic IVF can be as much as $15,000 or maybe as economical as $10,000. Basically, this cost does not include the cost of medications, which may be as low as $1,500 or as high as $3,000 per cycle. The cost of this treatment in Kolkata usually varies with the IVF doctor expertise and past IVF success rates.
The In Vitro Fertilization treatment cost in Kolkata ranges from Rs. 96,300 to Rs. 2,13,800. The cost in India (including all surgical and diagnostic procedures, tests and treatments) normally ranges between 1 to 1.25 Lakh per cycle. Though the cost can go much higher if a patient requires advanced technological assistance in IVF.
For example, an ICSI treatment will need an extra 1,50,000 rupees to 2,50,000 rupees. The FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) procedure will ordinarily cost patients about Rs. 1,20,000, apart from the IVF cost in India.
Here we have presented a basic structure of the prices.
|CITY||Avg. Cost per treatment cycle|
In rare cases, the pricing may go beyond the mentioned range in the first cycle, especially for those couples who have complex infertility issues and other underlying medical conditions or genetic disorders.
The infertility specialists in these clinics in India have the ability and technology to provide satisfactory solutions for those parents suffering from infertility. They gift them the dream of becoming happy parents of a beautiful and healthy baby with this treatment.
Is the cost of In Vitro Fertilization in India affordable?
IVF in India is a great hub for widespread procedures. Couples from abroad, particularly from the European, African, and Middle Eastern countries travel. It is a standard procedure which is directed at some of the most dependable infertility hospitals and polyclinics in the nation.
There are multiple reasonings as to why one should visit India for IVF procedure. Some of these analyses involve the following:
- India has some of the most reliable IVF specialists in the world. A bulk of the reputed IVF specialists in India achieved their specialization and education in assisted-reproductive technologies from overseas. They are known for their abilities and skill.
- The cost of In Vitro Fertilization procedure in India is aggressively competitive in the globe. It is one of the chief reasons why childless duos from abroad gather in the country to get this procedure performed.
- The labs are the best IVF hubs in India are well-maintained and hold the newest technology to lead the procedure.
- Certainly, the IVF success rate in India is 1 of the best in the business, thanks to the knowledge of the experts, the availability of the latest technology, and the nature of remedies obtainable.