Do you ever notice that many old men and women continuously shake their legs without any reason?
You may think that it happens due to their nerve problem, but it is not that. There is a disease named restless leg syndrome, which is really scary. In restless leg syndrome, a person feels the urge to shake his leg continuously without any reason.
But the problem is they don’t do it consciously; they just do it because they feel it that way. I think you understand the problem.
Legs are very important parts of our body. You may not believe that, but legs are used to balance your body.
Let me share with you some facts about legs.
- Healthy legs are not only important for sports and rotating heads. By keeping your legs muscular and in form, you’ll be able to climb the stairs well into your elderly years. Any weight-bearing activities that make the legs stronger reduce the danger of osteoporosis later in life. Lastly, taming your legs now helps to maintain equilibrium and protect you from falls and instability.
- On foot, you get a huge workout for the legs at any level of robustness. You should dress in good walking shoes with good hold-up and good mitigation on the heel. The good walking form must comprise stretched abdominals, a straight head, a straight stare straight ahead, a straight back, and middle strides. Compose your speed quickly enough to get you a little out of breath.
- Running will form the legs more rapidly than any other action. Every single muscle in the legs is used. Your shoes should be comfortable and light, with hold in both the heels and the toes. If you aren’t running outside, running on the treadmill in a short span of time is effective with space training. Warm up for 5 minutes and then take manually from changeable degrees of strength by jogging, walking, and running.
- Leg exercises for women and leg exercises for men must involve squats, weighted lunges, and calf raises. The finest workouts will comprise some gym machines to do leg expansion, leg push, leg tresses, and leg abductors.
- Leg wounds are aching and take time to heal. Widen the back of the leg by carrying the feet together, twisting the knees a little, and reaching for your toes. Sit down on the ground with your legs in front of you and extend towards the toes.
- The most interesting fact about legs is that an elephant is the only land creature that cannot hop; its body weight is just too much for any joint to endure that force.
- Svetlana Pankratova from Russia is considered to be the woman with the greatest legs in the world at 132 cm.
- A normal person walks about 43.5 miles in their lifetime.
- Another interesting fact about legs is that the human leg is that segment of the edge between the foot and the thigh. This part of the human leg consists of two long bones, the tibia, and the fibula.
- When horses fracture their legs, they generally have to be euthanized. The major reason for this is that horses instantly tend to put a strain on the busted leg, so it can’t be cured.
So, these are some interesting facts about legs.
Now let’s move on to restless leg syndrome or RSL.
- Restless leg syndrome:
Restless leg syndrome is a clinical condition where you feel an uncontrollable urge to shake your legs.
In public places, those who don’t know about this kind of disease actually consider leg shaking a mannerism.
Let’s talk about the causes:
Causes of restless leg syndrome:
- Pregnancy: During the last trimester, pregnant ladies feel the symptoms of leg shaking. It is basically for hormonal changes in your body.
- Iron deficiency: You may not believe it, but a lack of iron basically leads to much worse RSL.
- Generationally: If your ancestors had restless leg syndrome, then it is 90% sure that you will be affected by it. If your ancestors had that, there is a high chance that it will affect you.
- The problem in the nerve: If you have problems in your nerve, then you are more likely to be affected by this kind of disease.
- Kidney failure: It may be scary, but when you have diabetes and iron deficiency together, you will surely be affected by kidney failure. And kidney failure actually leads to restless leg syndrome.
So, these are some causes that lead to restless leg syndrome.
Let’s talk about some consequences of restless leg syndrome:
- Consequences of restless leg syndrome:
- The problem of sleeping.
- Embarrassment in public.
- Continuous urge to shake your leg.
- Kidney failure.
- Iron deficiency.
The consequences are quite scary.
Let’s talk about the treatment:
- Rotigotine (Neupro) and pramipexole (Mirapex) are approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of moderate to severe RLS. This actually feeds on dopamine.
- Rhus Toxicodendron is a homeopathic medicine that actually works on you if you have restless leg syndrome. It prevents unnatural leg shaking at night.
- If you have a burning sensation on your feet at night and you can’t stop the restlessness of your leg, then I will suggest you use sulfur, which is a homeopathic medicine that helps you find peace.
- If possible, then cut down on caffeine in your diet.
- Live a healthy life and exercise properly.
- Practice yoga and meditation.
- Codeine is really helpful in the case of restless syndrome. It is basically allopathic medicine, but it is really helpful. Always remember to ask the doctor for the proper dose.
So, in this way, you can cure restless leg syndrome. If you experience dangerous symptoms, then I will suggest that you consult a doctor. I hope you like it.